I've neglected my report on the past week or two and the list of notable elements is lengthening so I'll try to be concise and relay the interesting parts in list form:
- Thursday, August 7: P, E, K and B were over for steak tacos with salsa, guacamole, lime crema and Mexican rice. P and E brought the sangria, K brought the tortillas chips and salsa and B brought dessert. We ate outside on our common lawn and had fun until it started raining. We tried to stick it out for a while but wet guacamole was all we accomplished. We relocated to the P and E house for some booze, Wii and more booze.
- Friday, August 8: J and I recovered from the debauchery of the night prior before we headed out for an Emily's Toy Box show. Emily's Toy Box is a totally fun, maniacal pop punk band from Pennsylvania; Jesse saw them a couple of times before we knew each other and, coincidentally, they were playing at Sloppy Joe's in Key West when we were there for our honeymoon in 2006. The show was great and made me nostalgic for our tropical, romantic week in the Keys.
- Monday, August 11 (i.e. Me and My Big Ego): I had my two interviews. I half expected to have to offers for both jobs by the end of the day. Not only did that not happen, the rejection letter I received was dated and mailed the day of the interview. They were so quick to reject me that they could have asked me to drop the letter in the mail for them. I never thought it would take me so long to find a job. I know my friend-in-law, Andrew is having the same problem. Certainly, the economy is awful and throngs of job-seekers are everywhere. Many families in similar circumstances endure exceedingly frightening situations; we are incredibly fortunate to be doing as well as we are.
- Tuesday, August 12: Jesse and I drive to West Hartford, CT for his interview.
- Wednesday, August 13: I left home shortly after 7 am and headed to Johnson City to pick up a funeral coach and drove to Plymouth, MA to pick up poor Mr. So-and-So who died while visiting his son. The trip was uneventful which is ideal, I suppose, since I was driving someone else's $80,000.00 vehicle and transporting a very important, albeit deceased, passenger.
- Thursday, August 14: After my trip, I was so exhausted, messy, irritable and irritating that I warned people to avoid me.
- Friday, August 15: I awoke feeling relaxed and rested. I treated myself to the most delicious, relaxing and simultaneously maddening lunch perhaps ever. My server was so incompetent that it was nearly comical. She was awful. J and I had dinner at CyberCafe West with P, E and K who brought his friend, John. The food was delicious and the beer menu was fairly extensive and diverse. After dinner, we landed at K's apartment. The boys beer consumption continued, E drank H2O and I drank kombucha and purple carrot juice. We watched part of an old Robin Williams dvd before we watched some Olympics on mute while listening to some of K's favorite comedians on mp3. E and J nearly passed out in various parts of the apartment. It was all fairly random but fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment