7.15.2008

I Really Should Have Learned This about 23 Years Ago

I don't know how to ride a bike. I know. I'm in the probably minuscule group of nearly 30-somethings who never learned to ride a bike. Lately I have had a bee in my bonnet about learning and there's a bunch of reasons to try:
  1. its about time, already
  2. its green
  3. it is something Jesse and I can do together
  4. it will be great when we move to a big city
  5. it can be my new project
  6. eHow seems to think I can do it
  7. its good exercise and exercise is good
  8. I want to be able to teach my offspring
  9. I'll be really proud if I can do it
But its embarrassing and I'm self-conscious and if I get discouraged I might give up. I don't want to go to the bike shop and tell them how snr I am and then have to take Bike101. Plus, maybe I can't do it. Do you think I can do it?


image via Real World: Freshman Year

No comments: