I was reading my Delicious Living magazine that came from my local whole foods store, Down to Earth, and I came across a recipe for kale chips, a quick, vegan snack that the magazine staff really liked. It sounded so weird that I had to try it. I didn't have any kale on hand but I did have some really pretty rainbow swiss chard from the CSA.
Both kale and chard are really tough, substantial greens and I thought I'd try a swap; I've been trying to figure out a good way use up the chard. So, I made the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, agave nectar, garlic and cayenne vinaigrette and tossed in the chard. I baked it in a single layer on a baking sheet according to the directions. They were kind of snr: dehydrated to the point that they were super-fragile and crumbled really easily so they could never be stored. The sugar in the agave nectar caramelized and tasted burned even though I closely followed the baking directions. The vinaigrette on the raw chard, however, was really delicious: sweet and spicy! I'll definitely give the recipe a try again when I have some kale; but in the mean time, Jess and I can finish up our chard in this yummy dressing!
No comments:
Post a Comment