7.14.2008

Hire Me. Please?

I started this job respite with intense anxiety. The week after quitting, I was suited up and searching. Then I settled into my new domestic goddess role: organizing, baking, rehanging pictures, cooking for our friends. I was still looking and interviewing and putting on the charm but I really was reveling in my freedom. Here's the gist of a conversation I had with Mikus when I was in Wisconsin:
Me: You should come to New York for a visit but you should come soon before I find a job.

Mikus:When will that be?

Me: Hopefully... never.
But we obviously can't continue to subsist on Jesse's income. Additionally, I'm antsy and am feeling kind of worthless so I really need to find something. Shit! I hate trying to find a job! I know that's an absolutely universal statement but, jeez, this sucks. I've sent so many resumes, filled out so many applications, made so many initial and follow-up calls, continued to put on the charm. I know only nepotism will get you a better job (or a job, in this case?), but even that's not working.

I just want to find something. I can do lots of things and, based on my last job, I am apparently willing to do lots of things. I hope, as does Jesse, something is on the horizon. I really don't want to work at Target.

No comments: