6.22.2008

The Ithaca Festival and a Dead Fly

Yesterday, Jesse and I decided to head to Ithaca to experience the Ithaca Festival. Jesse has never been to the Festival and I've avoided it ever since I had to work on the Commons during the festival so we decided that it was a good time to brace ourselves and head into the chaos that is the Festival. The weather was nice and mostly clear.
We parked and walked to Stewart Park and wandered around for a bit. We got some yummy food and then headed to the beer garden for some Ithaca Beer which was served in compostable plastic cups made from corn! The beer garden was right near a big stage and we got to hear part of Hubcap's set which was fun and relaxing. We poked around a little longer before Jesse decided more beer was in order. I preferred my fruit and spirulina smoothie, though.
At some point, Jesse found a dead fly.
And then we had some rain. After we had our fill of the festival, we had some great dinner and drinks at Viva! Cantina. YUM! We had a really fun day together and it was so nice to do something different. And we can't move away without Jesse experiencing the Ithaca Festival!

No comments: