1.27.2009

Jaws and How it Scared Me

Yesterday, I came home from work and I was all, "grumble grumble this," and "grumble grumble that" after a particularly aggravating day. I just wanted to chill out and try to forget about that which ired me.

We've recently canceled cable in an effort to reduce spending so I couldn't just zone out in front of the tube and had to choose a DVD instead.

Hmm... The Office? I do love The Office and have watched all the seasons over and over again. Maybe. Death Proof? I love that, too, but I watched it recently. Stripes? Garden State? Meh.

HEY! Jaws! I've never seen Jaws in its entirety. Great! Great choice!

So, Jaws it is!

Ok. You've seen Jaws. Everyone has seen Jaws except for me, right? Jaws is the 1975 horror film directed by Steven Spielberg and based on the novel by Peter Benchley.

I was laying on the couch watching Jaws. Its good! I liked it. But you know what? It. is. SCARY! Do you know what else? Jaws is rated PG, like kids movies! This movie has blood and severed limbs and I think some viscera. It also has the stalking and subsequent consuming of a child who was enjoying some great beach time fun.

If I had seen it as a kid (the movie is PG, remember) I think I would be terrified of the ocean. So, I'm really glad I didn't see it when I was a kid.


image via Wikipedia

No comments: