9.21.2008

Grandma Would Be So Embarrassed If She Knew I Put This Picture on the Inkernet...

but I love it and today would have been her birthday.

Myrtle Irene Mastroberti

9.21.1924 - 3.19.2006

She was such a strong, smart, cute, sweet grandmom and we had an especially close bond. My penchant for cooking and Dr. Joy Browne come from her. She loved Seinfeld and she laughed like Marge Simpson. She made amazing three-cheese sandwiches on multi-grain bread and toasted them on the waffle iron until the bread was waffle-y and the cheese was gooey and oozing. I regret all the grief I gave her when I was a bratty, angry kid and teen but I know we were close when she died.

I hope she's spending some time with Nik. Grandma would be telling Nik to calm down and be careful; Nik would be taking grandma on adventures and making her laugh. I think they're having a great time together.

I really miss them both.

No comments: