9.16.2010

Smaller Than a....


Yesterday, I was listening to "A Way With Words," an NPR show (I listen via podcast) about words and grammar and language-all things that I love. On this particular episode, entitled "Sufficiently Suffonsified,"A Japanese woman called to ask about the expression "happy as a clam." As the hosts, Martha Barnette and Grant Barrett, were talking to her, they asked her about other Japanese colloquialisms. The caller shared that, when describing something that is very small, folks from her area of Japan often say that something is "smaller than a cat's forehead." Isn't that great! You know where this is going, right? I want to start saying that very small things are smaller than a bunny's forehead! That's pretty small!

p.s. This isn't exactly her forehead, but Olive is only so amenable (which is to say, not very).

1 comment:

laurenne said...

I love NPR podcasts. And bunnies! I think we were meant to be blog friends. Thanks for being so nice to my dad.