
I maaaay have had an Olive breakthrough tonight. I've been doing a lot of reading about buns-especially lately because I'm concerned that she's soon to become a dredlocked bunny because she won't let me touch her and she certainly won't let me brush her. So, I've been worried about her delicate skin and also worried that the vet will think that I'm a bad bunny mum when I bring her in to be fixed.
Anyway, one thing I came across is that lots of buns prefer to be pet on the forehead. Hmmm. When I try to pet her, I try to pet her bod like I'd pet a cat or doggins. It makes sense that she wouldn't be into that since it might feel like I'm a predator looking for a teeny, fuzzy lunch. I don't think I've ever tried to pet her forehead!
So, I've been up late tonight working on clearing out my Google Reader (um, I mean, I'm working on HOMEWORK. I'm doing HOMEWORK!), and went to the kitchen to give Olive some H2O. She was sitting next to her cage looking fluffy as ever. I returned her water bottle to its cage spot and absentmindedly tried to rub her forehead. She didn't move! I rubbed her forehead and around her ears for 3 minutes, perhaps, then gave her a sesame seed treat. I sat on the floor waiting for her to finish her treat; she returned when she was done. Interesting!
I tried again: I rubbed her forehead and around her ears for another couple of minutes. She seemed relaxed; maybe she liked it! I figured I'd better not push my luck. I gave her another treat and left her alone.
This miiight be a fluke, but I hope not! I've been struggling to get Olive to do business with me for a couple of months now; I really hope this might be a turning point! Hooray!
2 comments:
oo, i wanna see this bun! good job, i hope this is lasting change..
Post a Comment