11.28.2009

For This, We Are Grateful

in no particular order: a strong, fun marriage * a smart, helpful, cute, supportive, funny husby who I looooooooooove * generous and loving family, near and far * Herb * great friends * decent, hassle-free (knock on wood) health insurance * new adventures * Mother Jones * chickens * Obama * The Stranger (they gave me this idea and I used and/or changed some of their thanks) * stable jobs (omg, I hope I haven't jinxed us!) * Purity's cinnamon ice cream * a warm (albeit dumpy and with an awful landlord), affordable, and probably safe apartment * access to fair trade and direct trade coffee * NPR * reliable transportation * Wegmans * access to local meats, eggs, cheeses, butter * Roku box and NetFlix * a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving with my family and Jesse's parents all in one room * my new super-cute and fast puter * Google * close proximity to Ithaca * Joel and Ethan Coen * our mostly good health and that of our family and friends * learning to make the best of things * 30 Rock * Apples to Apples * things that used to be disposable but now are compostable! * Cook's Illustrated * turbo-fast internet * kefir * extra, extra, extra sharp cheddar * kombucha * AVG * smoosh-faced dogs * too many other things to list

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and on this list, I am not.

Lisa said...

yes, you are. i didn't list everyone specifically for fear of leaving anyone out. you know i am thankful for you. and why do you comment anonymously?

Lauren said...

Hey Lisa, I really enjoyed your blog :) It was a wonderful Thanksgiving indeed and on a side note to something you listed... I'm thankful fow Wegmans too! hahaha :) --Love, Lauren

Lauren said...

Oh crap I meant *For* :-)