10.21.2009

Is It Crazy...

Is it crazy that I want to put on my wedding dress again, make Jesse rent another tux, have my hair and makeup done, and have new (read: better) wedding pictures taken? I'm kind of serious about this....

I hate our wedding pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not crazy. I have learned through all of my re-wedding research that it's actually common. They call it a 'ay after shoot' and I've seen people have it done 6 years later! The best part? Most photographers consider a shoot with just the couple, easy, and only charge 'engagement photo' rates which are about $400-$500. I know this because we will be doing it. Let's split an awesome photographer, and only do 1.5 hours each!

-Rachel A.

Tim said...

You should totally do it! If I lived near you I'd take them and for much cheaper...but unfortunately we're a ways away. It is VERY common, especially as there's so much going on at the wedding that people simply aren't ready for the fantastic picture opportunities.

Here's some tips on making some great photos:
1. Have fun and treat the photographer as your personal Paparazzi.
2. Whatever you do, do it with more emotion.
3. Have some places you may want to take photos at.
4. Be sure to do it when there's plenty of light out. Dawn and sunset are the best times (assuming there's no cloud coverage).
5. Find a photographer by their portfolio. What they take pictures of is what they pay attention to (If you want someone who seems to capture emotion and fun).
6. Higher price doesn't mean higher quality. There are plenty of people out there who charge a lot and little, but neither make the photographer good.

Hope these help!

Tovah Means said...

Lisa, you are wonderful and I miss you.