My Subaru is broken. The problems include head gaskets, rear calipers, exhaust, alignment, cracked motor mount. Its going to cost thousands of dollars and I am scared. We've recently moved into a new apartment which is less money and more room. We're supposed to be getting ahead financially in preparation for our future (our own house, pets, offspring!) but this will be a huge blow.
I try to believe my friend Katie's wisdom: "everything that happens is perfect" and often it is a comfort. But how could a $4,000 car repair be perfect? This is really frightening.
I suppose this is as good a segue as any other: I am planning to quit my awful job and go back to school in the fall. I'll take some classes at the local community college at first then, if we're still in the area, try to get into Cornell's Department of Horticulture and finally finish my Bachelor's degree. This giant, forthcoming auto repair bill makes me very nervous to take such a huge risk.
I try to believe my friend Katie's wisdom: "everything that happens is perfect" and often it is a comfort. But how could a $4,000 car repair be perfect? This is really frightening.
I suppose this is as good a segue as any other: I am planning to quit my awful job and go back to school in the fall. I'll take some classes at the local community college at first then, if we're still in the area, try to get into Cornell's Department of Horticulture and finally finish my Bachelor's degree. This giant, forthcoming auto repair bill makes me very nervous to take such a huge risk.
1 comment:
Oh Midgey,
How I feel for you, and how I relate.
For us, first it was the transmission, then the head gasket, then the calipers, and now a mystery 'check engine' light that simply will not disappear! It seems never ending. But, think of it this way. Once you fix so much, you know that those issues will (like the south) not rise again! I love you.
Post a Comment