12.01.2008

The Past Few Days in Review

I know I've been an absent blogger for several days. Everything is busy and I'm feeling sluggish but here is a brief update:
  • Thanksgiving: J and I had a really nice Thanksgiving with my family. As always, there was plenty of good food, good company and good booze. We made whole wheat crescent rolls, raw broccoli salad, pear sauce and whole wheat monkey bread. Of course, we also brought pomegranates and an array of craft brewed beers. Unfortunately, Lauren was sick for most of the evening (she subsequently ended up admitted to the hospital with severe belly pain and bad viral infection. Thankfully, she is home now and on the mend.). Everyone was pretty relaxed-even me. I have noticed a pattern recently: during family gatherings, I tend to be either
    • a) sullen and moody which is no fun for anyone. Its tough on J; I'm sure my fam wonders what's wrong even though, most likely, nothing is wrong. I'm just sullen.
    • b) wildly hyper, goofy, off-the-wall. Certainly, this is preferable to sad sack Lisa but the hyper crazy Lisa often leaves me tired and panting.
Is this what the Godell's have in store for them? Yikes. I don't think they could handle it; they wouldn't know what hit them.
  • TanDrew: J and I were lucky to have some great company last night. Tovah and Andrew were driving from CT to IL after Thanksgiving and stopped at our place for the night. Although brief, the visit was fun and relaxing. Time with them is always a treat. I made vegan vegetable soup with garlic crostini and Dorie Greenspan's chocolate chip cookies for the omnis. We caught up, played some Wii, snuggled on the couch and watched The Simpsons mock (m)Apple (thoroughly timely and appropriate since Andrew is such an apple lover).
I'm already starting to get excited about my trip to see Toves and Drew in March for my birthday. Yay! See you in 115 days.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

you guys looks so cute!
You eat the most healthy food around too!

Anonymous said...

Let me make this PERFECTLY clear, sweetheart....as long as you are with us for family gatherings, we are most blessed!!! We enjoyed your and Jesse's company (photos forth coming) and look forward to 1/1/09!!! Mama love

kmr said...

the picture makes me really jealous.